Monday, July 16, 2007

Thai Spicy Pork

Due to busy workload, I haven't been eating properly. Ready-made pizza, maggie mee, takeaway food and beers have been my diet for the past one week (no complaint with the beer though). The crappy food has driven me crazy, and the only thing that will help is cooking a good decent meal to please my stomach. Here is my take on Thai cuilinary - spicy pork.

Here are the ingredients:


  • Fresh basil leaves and its stems (bai horapah ใบโหระพา)

  • Chili (prik kee noo พริกขี้หนู )

  • Garlic (gratium กระเทียม)

  • Tumeric (kah min ขมิ้น)

  • Few pinches of salt (gluea เกลือ)

  • Pork ( mu หมู)

  • Fish sauce (nam pla น้ำปล่า)



You can put more basil into the dish. I used less because I do not want to kill my precious basil plant.

Sliced the pork chop ~ 3mm. Finely chop the garlic, basil and chili. Add in the salt and fish sauce. Mix them together:


Ready a hot wok with oil. Stir fry all the stuffs in it. It should be fried till they are slightly crispy from the outside.

Once it is cooked, serve it with rice:


อร่อยมากๆ (a-roi mak mak)!

Note:
- less tumeric will be better as its smell is too strong that it overpowers the basil's fragrant. Alternatively, you can put in more basil leaves.
- I called it Thai dish as it smells and tastes like thai cooking :)

Labels:


5 Comments:

At July 16, 2007 2:31 pm, Blogger wallakazoo said...

You could have tried putting in some kaffir lime leaves. I think that would have made it really fragrant and thai-ish. Lemongrass might have worked too.

 
At July 18, 2007 6:01 pm, Blogger wmw said...

Hopped over from the Ultimate List to visit my fellow blogger. Hahaha...yes, I have loads of those instant food too in my cupboard :o)

 
At July 19, 2007 5:52 am, Blogger Babe_KL said...

Hi Shawn, I've came out with this year's open house theme, pls check Merdeka Open House 2007

Hope you can join us.

 
At July 19, 2007 5:47 pm, Blogger BengChuan said...

wallakazoo: yeah.. I put in some chopped lemongrass for the V2.0. It tastes better. Kaffir lime leaves are hard to find, I have to resort to lime skin..

Hamster: yeah.. this site is cool! Thanks for the tip!

wmw: hmmm.. sounds interesting..

 
At July 26, 2007 1:32 pm, Blogger Fashionasia said...

aroi jing jing!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home