Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bacon Pasta

Bacon is one of the favourite things I love to cook with. It just auto-magically makes anything taste good. Bacon sandwich, bacon salad, roast chicken with bacon, and the list goes on... Here is a simple dish that I like to cook if I am running short of time but still need a good tasty meal. All you need is lots of bacons (prefer smoked bacon), pasta, two cans of chopped tomatoes and few cloves of garlic.

First, heat up two pots. Fill one of them with salt water and let it to boil. Once the other pot is hot enough, dizzle a bit of olive oil and fry those bacons till they are slightly crispy:


Once the bacons are crispy, throw in some finely chopped garlics. Fry it for a while before you add in the chopped tomatoes. Let it simmers. By this time, the pot filled with salt water will be boiling. Add in the pasta:


Stir the pasta and sauce occasionally to prevent them from sticking to the pot. Once the pasta is about right, drain them and put them aside. The sauce should be thicken by then, if not, just wait another 5-10 mins. Season the sauce with salt and pepper when it is ready. Mix the pasta into the sauce and serve it grated parmesan and a bit of oregano:


If do it right, all the prep + cooking will take around 30-35mins. Probably 4-5 servings depending on the amount of pasta you put in.

9 Comments:

At October 26, 2009 2:16 pm, Blogger Alexis Ng said...

yummy! makes me wanna bring it as my lunch to work tomorrow! i hardly have time to cook now :(

 
At October 27, 2009 3:34 pm, Blogger BengChuan said...

cheers :) yeah, I usually cook 4-5 servings, eat for 1-2 meals and freeze the rest. It will be handy when you are really pressing for time.

 
At November 04, 2009 3:36 am, Blogger The Hungry Hog said...

dude it's one of my all-time favourite dishes to cook too :) fast, easy and soooo delicious. comfort food, this.

 
At November 11, 2009 10:40 am, Blogger BengChuan said...

yeah... but it is kind of high in calories. It is an occasional indulgent for me

 
At February 25, 2010 12:03 am, Blogger The Hungry Caterpillar said...

Hi Beng Chuan, I have an even more sinful version. I make it with cream, and I add cili padi and a pinch of turmeric.

 
At February 25, 2010 8:08 pm, Blogger BengChuan said...

caterpillar: I will try it the next time i cook it again :) thanks for the recommendation.

 
At March 22, 2011 3:33 am, Blogger Edwin said...

Dear Shawn,

I would like to add you in my bloggers database and I am from the hospitality industry. You may email your contact details at anthony.edwin@kosmopolito.com (website : www.kosmohotels.com)

Thank you and regards,
Edwin

 
At May 26, 2011 10:43 am, Blogger Manoj Singal said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At July 11, 2011 3:16 am, Anonymous concrete polishing said...

Thanks a lot for this nice blog .. i enjoy seeing your photos

 

Post a Comment

<< Home