Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Pork Chop Rice

(Quickie Post... beer and book waiting. hehhe)

Was koreking thru my fridge, and realised I had some of the ingredients needed to make a dish I saw on TV recently -- Spicy Pork Chops!! Well, too be honest, I can't remember what the actual ingredients were, just remember seeing chillies, coriander, basil, and.. err... pork chops. What I do remember is that it looked blardee good and I promised myself I'd try it some day soon.

Here's what I used for my version: Lemon, coriander, spring onions, garlic, ginger, and Chillies (only had 3 left. Yengs ate all when he was over recently :p ).

chop chop chop chop.. squeeze squeeze lemon.

Added in some oil (ground nut oil would be nice and fragrant, but I only had sunflower oil), soy sauce, fish sauce, dark caramel soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, and a dash of cinnamon powder.

Pork chops were first seasoned with salt and pepper, then dunked into a plastic bag filled with the above marinade. Urut-urut the fella a bit, then let it sit (in the fridge) for a while to soak up some flavour.

Onto baking tray and into the a pre-heated oven (200oC) for 30 mins.

5 mins before done, drain the baking tray of all the lovely juices. Works great as a dipping sauce!!!

Switch oven to grill mode to crisp the surface of the chops.

Served with steaming hot rice and a mata kerbau.

It was good :) Odd thing was it that it tasted as though it had santan (coconut milk) in it. Somewhat like percik. Really really odd. Only think lacking was chillies. Definitely MORE chillies next time.

*burp*

4 Comments:

At January 17, 2007 11:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks delish! I am sure my hubby and son would love it too.

Thanks for Sharing!

 
At January 25, 2007 3:42 pm, Blogger Hengster said...

Is this Chuan? Are you preparing this Hainanese style?
:D

 
At February 06, 2007 3:23 pm, Blogger BengChuan said...

I am going to prepare a real authentic hainanese chicken rice :)

 
At March 27, 2007 5:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey this looks quite simple to do!
thanks for sharing!
wonder if it works for just chicken..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home