Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Sirence of the Rambs

OK. To be honest, my cooking strike did not start immediately after I moved in. My disdain over the puny kitchen developed gradually over the course of one week. In the early days of the week, all was sunny.... for I had discovered the local butcher.

Cheap fresh meat. Plain or pre-marinated. Any cut, just ask. Eggs, sausages, burgers, lamb, beef, pork, bacon, steaks, .... I wanted everything. So hard to choose. So I just simply tikam one lah...

My First score. A huge portion of minty breast of lamb for half the price of a Big Mac meal. Not bad lehh..

Nowadays, I always use cooking foil as a makeshift tray. Some origami magic to make it boat-like, use, throw. No washing required. If food cannot finish, can reuse as ta-pau material oso. ;)

Mr. Lamb when it's almost cooked. Switched to grill mode to get a crispy outer shell. Would have glazed it with honey if I had some at the time.

Served with a simple salad of greens and cherry tomatoes, tossed with olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt.

Eat like crazy, in the end, still got half left. Good lah. Can recycle.

"Brown brown glass, paper blue blue, ...". Bloody jingles!



Recycling: Day 1 - Pan Fried Lamb Sandwich

Jumbo sandwich with an omelette (hidden), lettuce, tomatoes, and slices of lamb pan fried with onions, red pepper, chopped Habanero, and err.. some other stuff I can't recall.



Recycling: Day 2 - Spicy Sichuan Lamb Pasta

Simple ingredients: Diced leftover lamb, red pepper, onions, mushrooms, ...

... Lee Kum Kee Spicy Noodle Sauce, and some Angel Hair pasta to immitate BeeHoon.

Damn Syiok!



Recycling: Day 3 - Maggie Goreng Kambing

Indomee with lamb and Lap Cheong, a taste of home away from home.

*burp!*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home