Sunday, June 11, 2006

First post from my new nest

Finally settled into my new place. It's great - bigger, comfier, better equipped, and cost just about the same!

Life is good.

To break in my new kitchen, I cooked an old time favourite - Nasi Lemak (with the help of new apartment-mate, H).

Going clockwise, starting from the top:
* Boiled eggs (accidentally left it boiling too long, and it turned out HARD! Still edible lah, but it was quite impossible to do the Egg Blowing trick)
* Fried peanuts
* Mixed Seafood sambal (I'm out of anchovies). Cooked using Brahim's pack.
* Fried Belacan Chicken
* Fresh cucumbers.

In the middle, rice cooked with coconut milk and onions (to substitute ginger, which I'm not a very big fan of).

Turned out OK OK oni lah. Better than the 50 sen version you get at mamak stalls, but not too spectacular either.



Got some pics of my recent holiday from Jay.

Had a go at punting. It was great fun...

... and I learnt that I was completely hopeless at it.

Played 3 games of golf in 4 days. Once on a par-3 course, and twice a full course.

I still suck.

It takes a lot of balls to golf like me.

Summer + Barbecue + freezing cold beer = good shit

7 Comments:

At June 13, 2006 2:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are back. Finally! :D

 
At June 13, 2006 2:29 am, Blogger Alicia said...

hehe u made me hungry with the nasi lemak pic..

 
At June 13, 2006 8:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay yay!!! the pakcik is back! hope to come to edinburgh to check out the new nest some time...and maybe some of the nasi lemak too!

 
At June 13, 2006 12:55 pm, Blogger boo_licious said...

Wah! Nasi Lemak looks good. Ya lor, punting really not easy to move that big stick in the water.

 
At June 14, 2006 12:52 am, Blogger shawnchin said...

sunny: It's good to be back :)

alicia: :p

hodgie: Come come. See my new palace. Hmmm.. but no more nasi lemak lah.. used up all the ingredients. Dunno where to get in Edinburgh :(

boo: I was too busy trying not to fall off to bother about moving the big stick. hehehe.

 
At June 15, 2006 3:03 am, Blogger Fashionasia said...

and where is the ikan bilis!!!

 
At June 15, 2006 5:51 pm, Blogger shawnchin said...

fashionasia: Out of stock :( Had to make do without.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home