Thursday, June 01, 2006

Coco Wings & Modified Haggis

Several weeks back, I was under the impression that life would be fun and relaxing after the exams. I was wrong. Work on my dissertation has been more hectic than I expected. While I do enjoy the work I'm doing now (most of it anyway), my batteries are running flat.

And so, I'm taking a week off. Woohoo!! Will spending the weekend down south, golfing and perhaps trying my hand at Punting.

When I get back, I'll be busy moving to a my new place, so no updates here for about a week I'm afraid.



I've been doing more experiments with chocholate. This time with chicken wings.

Wings are dirt cheap here. Which was a pleasant surprice when I found out. You can easily get 10 pieces for less than the price of a bus ticket.

Soaked the wings in some sweet/thick soya sauce and worchestershire sauce. Let it sit in the fridge for several hours.

I sprinked chocholate powder on two of the wings, and paprika powder on the rest. In case one of it turns out horrid, at least I still had half a meal ;)


Under the grill they went.

When they were almost ready, I glazed the wings by 'painting' on a mixture of honey and olive oil.


Oh, and as a tribute to the "eggsperts" for finally agreeing on an answer, I added an egg to complete the dish.



Haggis.

Some like it; some find it gross; many have never tried it.

I love it.

Well, if it's prepared my way anyway.

Here's a common version you find in most Fisn n' Chips shop here in Edinburgh - Jumbo Haggies fried in batter.


I'd split it in half, add some ketchup and mayonaise, a slice of cheese, and grilled for 3 minutes.


Yummy. I'm getting hungry all over again just thinking about it.

8 Comments:

At June 01, 2006 3:19 am, Blogger boo_licious said...

I don't think I ate haggis before but I did try black pudding. Hey, what was the taste of the choco wings like?

I also had a savoury choc dish recently i.e. Mexican mole with turkey. Very yummy but yet to write the review.

 
At June 01, 2006 3:21 am, Blogger boo_licious said...

Oh on the dissertation - yeah it's hectic. I was pretty hectic with mine the last time I had to get it done. Enjoy yrself in yr hols esp punting.

 
At June 01, 2006 8:54 am, Blogger ILOVE said...

Keep this on, baby

I'll follow suit from Germany/Italy

 
At June 02, 2006 2:33 am, Blogger Hengster said...

another trip to sabah mate...and this time you cook! full time..

 
At June 03, 2006 8:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm i want haggis now

never tried but wanna :P~

 
At June 04, 2006 3:00 am, Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

haggis - delish lar....

 
At June 05, 2006 11:47 am, Blogger ngyahloon said...

Dude, you're using your camera phone is it? How come most of the photos look blurred:P

 
At June 06, 2006 2:37 pm, Blogger shawnchin said...

mark: I wasn't too crazy over the fried ones at first. They're relatively cheap though, and after a few tries, I've somehow grown quite fond of it.
The fresh ones are good though. :)

boo: saw the mole turkey on your site. NICE!
the choco wings were nice. Standard grilled wings taste, with the choc flavour appearing in the after taste. Would have been better if it were more spicy.

shirley: Three more months to go. Can survive kua... :)

bengster: I'll make the kerabu, as usual, and that's it. Heheh.. Have to make bigger bowl this time. Always finish before I can try it.

ron: come visit me here man. I belanja u haggis :)

foodcrazee: It is. Just don't thing about what you're really eating :)

ngyahloon: Yeah. Camera 'dieded'. Hhehe.. now using crappy nokia cam.
Can't afford a new cam just yet, but planning to get a phone contract soon. Hopefully can get a phone with a better cam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home