Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Awesome Asparagus

It has come to my attention that Asparagus does wonders to your wee.

Is that good news or bad? Hmm.. I can't really tell. I have to admit that I haven't had much asparagus to date, and I can't recall if I liked them or not.

Only one way to find out :)


I've no idea how to cook asparagus. I don't even know which portions are the edible ones. Since they're pretty pricey, I just assumed that everything short of the packaging can be eaten. Waste not, want not :)

After googling around for ideas, I decided on a simple and decent recipe. So simple, even Bubbles couldn't botch it.

The asparagus were cleaned, cut, and arranged on a tin foil.

Sauteed some bacon and chopped garlic in olive oil and butter...

... and coated the mix equally over the asparagus.

Pop them into the a preheated oven (200oC) for 15 minutes, and it's done!

Served with some Chicken Kiev to form a balanced and hearty meal.



So now, do I like asparagus? Yes I do.

Did it make my pee Awesome? I don't know. I've had asparagus for two consequtive meals, yet visits to my bathroom have still remained pleasant and odour free. Perhaps it's the cold weather.

Yes, weather. Supposedly, pee doesn't smell bad when it's cold. One of the reasons why busy pubs often fill their urinals with ice.

From wikipedia:
Some establishments, often bars, pubs or nightclubs, fill their urinals with ice cubes during peak hours. As the ice melts it serves to slowly flush the urinal, and also cools the urine to prevent smells from rising during use. The ice may also provide entertainment to patrons as they urinate.

I like the part about "entertaining the patrons". Heheh.. What can I say, trips to public loos are often fun, and sometimes complicated for the uninitiated (I aced this test, btw).

And for some dodgy links:
* Does it make sense to install Female Urinals?
* "The best place to piss away your time on the Internet"TM (warning: some may find this gross)


We aim to please. You aim too, PLEASE!

5 Comments:

At May 18, 2006 3:54 am, Blogger Dreamee said...

Birdie Shawn,

I'm not good in cooking myself, but my mum cooks delicious asparagus dish!

I think she uses sambal belacan, stir fry with some small fried shrimps.

It's really tasty! Yummy! U should try it as well. : )

 
At May 18, 2006 5:16 am, Blogger Unknown said...

IS chicken kiev = chicken cordon bleu?? Oooo..Ur exam food is soooo much decent than mine..Mine were all fried rice fried meehon stored in tupperware to be reheated numerous time for few days..Lack of food to update :(

 
At May 18, 2006 10:53 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Petai also has the same values as asparagus. It also makes ur wee smell petai.

 
At May 18, 2006 8:41 pm, Blogger shawnchin said...

dreamee: Sambal belacan asparagus sounds nice. Will try the next time I buy awesome asparagus :)

kbcg: I think Chicken Cordon Bleu is slightly different from Chicken Kiev. If I'm not mistaken, what we usually get in Malaysia in those chicken chop shops are Chicken Kiev rather than Cordon Blue... but Cordon Blue sounds nice, and easier to pronounce kua.

pushpa: but petai got smell even before eating :( affects your breath/burp/fart too. heheh..

 
At May 25, 2006 9:31 am, Blogger The Heartland SPG said...

here's a suggestion, for a pretty plate that is. wrap each asparagus with parma ham and fry in a bit of hot oil for a minute. pour some dressing over it.

to prepare the asparagus, simply hold each end with thumb and forefinger, snap. discard the lower end.

enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home