Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Food is Fuel

My brain runs on food.

Behold... breakfast of champions.

Baked beans cooked with mushroom and chili. Scrambled eggs with tomatoes, spring onions, cheese, and some other stuff I can't recall. English muffins, toasted and buttered.

OK. I jest. Bak Kut Teh is the only true breakfast of champions; but cooking that takes too much time, and time is something I'm lacking.

Exams. The bane of my life. I've nailed my arse to the chair.

This is me.

"Hi", said Mr. Bones, "It's nice to meet you". "Come sit on my lap, and we shall talk about the first thing that pops up."

Oh my. I better head off to bed.

7 Comments:

At April 19, 2006 2:02 am, Blogger KY said...

food is fuel, fat is the lube, which was why bak kut teh is so perfect.

 
At April 19, 2006 4:42 am, Blogger Alicia said...

another tempting pic of food :/

 
At April 19, 2006 6:57 am, Blogger ILOVE said...

The corpse bridegroom...

 
At April 19, 2006 11:05 am, Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

the pai kut is calling for BKT...chuckle

its easy to cook and it dont take that much time. Dump everything in and boil while u study..simple

 
At April 19, 2006 2:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then u hv a lot of pai kut to make make bak kut teh loh! hahaha...

 
At April 20, 2006 3:49 am, Blogger Genevieve said...

Wow that English muffin looks more English than any other English muffin I have ever seen...!

 
At April 22, 2006 10:21 pm, Blogger shawnchin said...

ky: I sokong your statement 100% :)

alicia: thanks

shirley: I haven't seen that show yet :(

foodcrazee: True lah. I was just giving silly excuses without thinking. BKT quite simple to cook. Too bad i used up my stash of herbs 2 weeks ago. Have to go hunt for more.

sunny: hehhe.. but that only covers the "kut" part of BKT. neek some "bak" oso :p

genevieve: Haha.. well, i'm just guessing it's english muffins. :) .. but i did modify it somewhat - sliced it in two, and grilled while topped with butter and a little sugar. (btw, nice name you have)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home