Thursday, April 13, 2006

Chicken Tikka

This is my first attempt at making Chicken Tikka (which, I assume, is just Tandoori Chicken made using boneless chicken strips). I gave myself only 40 minutes to cook, eat, and clean up, so it's admittedly somewhat hastily put together.

Timing started as I set the oven dials to 220 degrees. Pre-heating.

This is what made it possible.
A real time saver - pre blended tandoori spices.

Used it to marinate chicken strips, along with some fresh squeezed lime, and a dollop of natural yogurt (yes, the sour one).

Placed onto a greased baking tray, and into the oven for 10-15 minutes depending on how fast the chicken pieces cook.

While waiting, I layed down a bed of lettuce and prepared a quick Cole Slaw.

Cole Slaw : microwaved some mixed vege, butter, and chopped-up crab stick. Then added in salt, pepper, lime, and mayonaise. Mixed well and served.

The chicken tasted a little bland, and looked albinic.

Next time round, I would probably use more of the spices, and include some salt as well as tumeric and paprika powder.

Not bad for first try lah.

I overshot my 40-minute deadline by 5 mins :(

3 Comments:

At April 13, 2006 1:43 am, Blogger Alicia said...

looks nice xD.. izzit spicy ?

 
At April 13, 2006 4:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not bad, for a first attempt ;)

 
At April 13, 2006 10:53 am, Blogger shawnchin said...

alicia: Not spicy enough. The next one will be ;)

laksa: tengkiu!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home