Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Salmon and Broccoli Chowder

I truly believe there's a pixie dwelling in my department's server.

It's been toying with my work all year.

Files go missing, and then reappear after a few days...
Code, unaltered throughout, develops peculiar (reproducible) bugs which magically vanishes after a few days...

I doubt I'm the only one who has fallen prey to it's mischieves.

Ciken.... "LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY!!"



While my work is on hold (waiting for the pixie-effect to wear off :p), here's a dish I had couple of days back - Salmon and Broccoli Chowder .


  • With low heat, fried some finely sliced onions and garlic in butter

  • Added in broccoli, sliced green pepper (and leftover cucumber). Covered, and let it swearsweat for a while

  • Turned up the heat, and added in some vegetable stock (I used Knows vege stock cubes + water)

  • When it began to boil, added in small chunks of salmon. Let it cook for a while.

  • Then, added it some Double Cream, and some left over Hollandaise sauce mix to thicken

  • Leave to simmer for a while

  • Seasoned with salt and pepper. Served with croissants


3 Comments:

At June 14, 2006 2:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh just the thing i need. i've got a good piece of salmon lyin around and i duno wat to do wif it. cheers!

 
At June 15, 2006 9:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shawn Chin or is it Lee-Shawn, was told by my lil bro about your blog and I must say, it's a minefield of good food and info. Anyway, my name is Adrian and currently working in Edinburgh as well. It'll be cool to meet up and share recipes. There are a group of us Malaysians hanging about in Edinburgh who meet up regularly. Please contact me on atey7@yahoo.co.uk.

 
At June 15, 2006 5:50 pm, Blogger shawnchin said...

alex: Hope it turned out ok.

adrian: great! Sent u an email.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home