Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Apple Fried Rice

Pineapple Fried Rice is always great, why not apple?? (just substitute the pine with something else :p )

This was a quick dish.

Ingredients:
* Half a green apple (same one used in Imitation Kerabu)
* Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
* Turkey/chicken marinated with some soy sauce and curry powder
* Assorted Vege (I used corn and carrots)
* Nam Pla sauce & dark soy sauce
* Overnight rice

Standard fried rice steps. I also added a fried egg - cooked till cripsy at the bottom, but soft and half cooked on top - just the way I love it.



How was it??

~ *Blekkk* ~ :(

Shiitake mushrooms does NOT go well with apple. Not at all. I should have just added Peanut Butter. Can't go wrong with that.

Had to douse it with lots of Shark to burn away the taste..

3 Comments:

At December 14, 2005 2:19 am, Blogger shawnchin said...

Eyy!!! Kum!!

so.. free to go out Thani when I get back or not?? Or Rawang keeping you too busy? ;)

 
At December 14, 2005 7:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha
ur so cute

uncle tada bawa aku pigi femes paper wrapped chicken?! wah lau... bias lar looooo...

shitake mushies taste too sharp... mebbe fresh button mushrm (smaller better) or portabello.. sweeter to complement taste? HMMMMMMM mebbe i try ;)

 
At December 14, 2005 7:27 pm, Blogger shawnchin said...

ok lah.. next time if we meet in KL, we go makan paper wrap chicken :p

I ran out of my versatile closed-cup mushrooms, so no choice loh. I wanted to put in ikan bilis wan, my last minute reliase it was full of fungus :(

Need to get more of those dried ikan bilis when i get back. Very useful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home