Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Cream Corn Chowder

(Another quick, photo-filled post)

My own version of Cream Corn Chowder. Perfect for a cold day.

Here's what I like about it. Simple ingredients.
* A cup of milk
* Corn (I'm using the frozen ones cheaply available from Tesco)
* Chopped onions and potatoes
* Vegetable stock cube
* butter
* Crushed biscuits (I'm using Ritz. Biskut tawar also can I guess.)

Fry the onions in butter for a while till it becomes translucent.

Add in the potoes...

... the diluted vegetable stock cube, and corn.

Add a cup of water, and let it boil. The corn and potatoes should be soft and mushy by the time we're done.

Boil till the water has reduced by half. Takes a while. Be patient.

Add the milk, and let it boil for 10-15 minutes.

Add in the crushed biscuits, and boil for another 5-10 minutes.

Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.


If you're like me and enjoy a little variety in texture, crush in more biscuit just before eating.

2 Comments:

At December 08, 2005 12:55 am, Blogger minishorts said...

when you get back.
please call me in when you have a big cook out. the last time i eat your cooking was when i was 19 !

 
At December 08, 2005 12:59 am, Blogger shawnchin said...

When I get back, dowan to cook liao leh!! Miss eating out. :P

If u wan to try The Shark can lah. I'll be bringing it back mid dec ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home