Wednesday, December 14, 2005

CurryDog Pancake

Finally cleared all the reports and assignments for this sem. Weeee!!! This dish was a celebration dish for a job well done.

It's based on the CurryDog I made a while back. Involves roughly the same ingredients, takes about the same amount of time, does not look as presentable but so much more fun to eat! Nothing beats digging into a messy pile of good food armed with a fork/knife and a huge appetite.

Ingredients:
* Fresh baked Petit Pains (roti bakar oso can lah)
* mince meat
* corn
* Chopped onions
* half a cup of milk
* heaped teaspoon of curry powder
* 1 egg
* Sausages
* Other condiments - ketchup, hot sauce, mayonaise, (peanut)butter, jam, cheese, ... whatever you like

While the buns are baking, and the sausages cooking, prepare the ingredients for the curry.

Cooking the curry is easy. Fry the onions, then the minced meat. When the meat is almost done, add in the corn. Finally, add the milk and curry mixture and let it simmer till it thickens to desired consistency.

When the buns are done, cut into halves. Spread with anything you like. I'm using (from top to bottom):
* Rasberry Jam
* Danish Cheese with chilli pepper and paprika (got this from Tesco. Damn good stuff. Cheap too)
* Butter
* Peanut butter

Next, break an egg into a bowl. Season with a little soy sauce and pepper. This is important -> give it a good beating!!

Pour eggs onto an HOT oiled pan, lay on the buns, and turn down the heat. Cover if possible.

Just before the egg gets burnt, serve on a plate bread-side down.

Then, just go crazy and pile on everything. First the curry mix, then the sausages, ketchup, maynaise, .. whatever. If I had vanilla ice cream, I would probably add on a scoop as well. Hehhe..

Notice that the egg is nice and fluffy. Signs of a good beating.

DIG IN!!!

Close-up of my first bite.

I walloped the whole thing. Here's the last piece. Anyone wan?

10 Comments:

At December 15, 2005 1:25 am, Blogger minishorts said...

GOSH. *HUNGRY*

 
At December 15, 2005 3:43 am, Blogger w3s said...

Oih.. Where are all the Kelantanese style leh?

& yeah, show these fellas (http://whores.blogsome.com/2005/12/03/food-blogs-make-me-puke/) something dude..

 
At December 15, 2005 11:42 am, Blogger shawnchin said...

You send me some budu then I can add in more kelantanese style lah ;)

BTW, the Pancake was inspired by a Kelantan specialty -- Hamlek! Just that no kaya, so I put curry and sausages.

I also intend to try Mirinda Susu, but with Irn Bru lah.

(if anyone else from kelantan reading this and dunno what hamlek + miranda susu is, .. tsk tsk tsk.. you haven't been roaming around town after hours have you..)

p.s I find that guys entry hilarious. hehe.. lame. but hilarious.

 
At December 15, 2005 5:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shawn chin,
its you isn't it??

and now u'll be wondering who i am.
haahaha

 
At December 15, 2005 5:36 pm, Blogger shawnchin said...

chiqmeow: Yes It's me!!! But are you sure it's the correct Shawn Chin? haaaa!!

 
At December 15, 2005 5:38 pm, Blogger shawnchin said...

I once knew this girl called Beatrice.. she very bad wan... like to make ppl guess who she is..

 
At December 15, 2005 7:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shawn!!!!

why you can cook nice nice food one? I only eat the same old thing for dinner everyday. I'm so lazy to cook. I only cook when I have friends over.

I know what hamlek is..but i dunno what mirinda susu is. And yes, i'm from KB *blush blush* I was a cinderella when I was home. :P

 
At December 15, 2005 8:23 pm, Blogger shawnchin said...

hehehe.. for me the other way round. I don't dare cook for other people. Too much experimentation involved involved in my cooking. Dowan to poison other ppl's children :p

Miranda susu ah? There used to be this really good maggie sup gerai along the road on the way to airport. Open till the wee hours of the morning. They serve the green miranda drink with condenced milk. Damn nice.

Now dunno still got or not...

 
At December 16, 2005 2:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohmygod,
you actually know who i am!
deng!!!!!!!!!!!no fun!
what u doing studyingggg???
gosh,
add me msn!!
m3owthecat@hotmail.com

 
At December 17, 2005 7:39 am, Blogger w3s said...

Yeah, apart from that, that adik also very nice & not bad looking. No?

Too bad, too "wrapped up". Sigh. How nice if they can wear "minishorts". Buahaha..

Mirinda Susu! Man, those were the days, it was Ah Jay whom brought us there & yeah, come to think about it, it has been awhile since I got back to Kelantan.. I really missed Yati Kulit Ayam Percik!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home