Monday, January 16, 2006

Quick balanced meal

.....

ho hum...

I realised I've been staring at the screen for 10 minutes now, and I still don't know how to start writing this post. I'll write in point form today :p

Earlier = famished + lazy
Dinner = balanced + fast & easy to cook
Now = Full + still lazy

Time taken for preparation & cooking = about 15 mins

Simple greens.
1. Heat a little oil pan.
2. Fry coarsely chopped garlic till fragrant
3. Add ikan bilis + a little of the water that was used to soak it
4. Add vege
5. Add kicap and/or Nampla sauce
6. serve

Rice topped with mince meat and corn.
1. Fry some onions in pan
2. Fry minced meat.
3. Add corn
4. Add Oyster sauce and dark soy sauce
5. Serve on rice

Oh, and I now have the priviledge of eating rice, thanks to Dr. Hodgie. :)

4 Comments:

At January 17, 2006 8:44 am, Blogger Cheng Sim said...

oh boy, you're the second male blogger i know who knows how to cook. why why why. its not fair. i wanna whipped a good meal too.

im lame!

 
At January 17, 2006 3:02 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Minced meat with corns..Creative way of mixing two of my favourite food..Will try doing it during my lazy sunday..

 
At January 17, 2006 8:30 pm, Blogger shawnchin said...

cheng_sim: it's really not that hard to cook, as i found out several months back. I only started cooking when I moved here. Back in malaysia, so much easier to just sit down in restaurant and order up a great meal.
First few weeks was a bit awkward lah. Have to dare try new stupp, mess up and end up eating yucky food.
Google helps ;)

kampung.. : if u like corn, and can get your hands on some grated coconut, can try this quick dish my grandma used to make. Steam the grated coconut (not sure microwave can or not), add in sugar, corn, mix well.
I've never tried making it, but I can still remember the taste from the last time i had it (10 odd years ago).

 
At January 18, 2006 1:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey thanks for dropping by my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home