Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Sausage Fajitas

I'll start by admitting that this dish was, errr.. "accidentally conceived". Unintentional by-product of a some frustration and fun.

I bought some cheap-ass sausages from Tesco, grilled it, and it tasted horrid. I made sure that it was cooked, but it was still somewhat bland and has some weird texture to it. In short, in was unappetising!

Had the rubbish bin in the kitchen not been full, those sausages would have found themselves taking up residence in there. But it was. And I was hungy.

So I chopped up the sausages, and raided the fridge to see what can be used to make up for the lack of taste.

Chopped up some big onions, spring onions, mushrooms, and some red/green pepper. (Yes, I always seem to use the same ingredients in most of my dishes. I'm not very creative with my shopping.)

I first fried the big onions with butter till it was translucent (long enough for it's sweetness to emerge). Then everything else went in some order that I can't recall, but that's not important. Seasoned it with a good portion of sesame seed oil (must have!!!), and a little soya sauce. When the mushroom looks cooked, the chopped sausages (already grilled) were added in. Gave it about 30 seconds to get heated up again, and kao tim (done).

I took a bite, and immediately immediately thought of the Sizzling fajitas from TGIF. Of course, not exactly the same, but that's what it reminded me of.

So, to go with the flow, I served it up with some toasted pita bread and salads.

Proper fajitas should come with Salsa or Guacamole, but both oso nada. As consolation price, I had some Garlic and Chive dip from Tesco, and it turned out pretty decent as well.

Sausage fajitas!

Note: sausages can be replaces with grilled/fried chicken, lamb, beef, ... everything can adjust based on preference and availability, but the spring onions and sesame seed oil MUST be there!

2 Comments:

At March 01, 2006 1:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

look delicious

 
At March 03, 2006 10:13 pm, Blogger shawnchin said...

tech: yeah. crappy sausages just can't cut it. GOod thing is that the taste is quite easy to cover up. Throw it in a bun with ketchup and mayo, and it's good to go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home