Saturday, January 21, 2006

Peppered Steak and Baked Mushrooms

(backpost from few days ago)

I was feeling good.

I didn't have classes, the weather was great, and I found a huge Sainsbury's 20 mins from my place. A wonderful day.

Out came my celebration plate!! (Thanks again Dr. Hodges)




Dug out the best stuff from the fridge, worked the oven and grill overtime, and came up with a Grilled Steak, Nacho Cheese Wedges, and Baked Mushrooms platter, with strawberries for desert.



For the baked mushrooms, I used Large Flat mushrooms, baked with olive oil, garlic and red/green pepper for 15 minutes, then grilled for 5 minutes with a generous topping of grated cheese.

The wedges were equally easy. The potatoes were cut into wedges, covered with olive oil, and mixed with the Nacho Cheese coating. They where then baked for 40 minutes, with a quick flip halfway through.

I might have overcooked the wedges a little.

The Grilled Steak was pre-prepared. All I needed to do was put it on the grill for 15 mins.

Taste wise, it was somewhat dissapointing. Tasted more like meatballs than steak.

Only later did I realise the finer prints - "chopped and shaped with breadcrumbs and peppercorns".

Ciken.

Now what do I do with the other piece?

2 Comments:

At January 23, 2006 2:41 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Mushroom lover here..Hehe..I can prepare my mushroom just like ur way! Delicious!

 
At January 24, 2006 9:49 am, Blogger boo_licious said...

yum, I want those mushrooms too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home