Saturday, March 11, 2006

Honey Grilled Chilli and Ceasar Salad

I went vegetarian for a day, just for kicks.

Had a simple meal of English muffins for brunch, and later scouted around for something odd to cook for dinner, just to spice things up (pun intended).

This was what I found...

HUGE ASS CHILLI! I intentionally put the microwave oven in the background for size comparision (of course, taken at an angle to exaggerate it's size).

(yes, I eat at odd hours, as indicated by the time display of the microwave)

No idea how to cook it, so I cut it in half and put it under the grill. Marinated it with olive oil, spring onions, garlic, a little salt, and Honey! My intension was to coat the surface so that the chilly does not loose it's moisture to the grilling, and thus remain moist and juicy.

While waiting for the grill to do it's job, I went ahead and whipped up a quick salad. Some iceberg lettuce, red cabbage, and carrots, tossed in some Ceasar salad dressing I got from Tesco.

The Ceasar salads I'm familiar with is usually enriched with crouton, cheese, and slices of egg. I'm out of cheese, and at the last minute decided not to use stale bread as crouton. Ahh.. but egg I had.

Good chance to try this!!

As you can see from the photo, I took the egg out too early. No prize for guess that my attempt at the egg peeling trick didn't go well :p

Here's the final product. The grilled chilli turned out surprisingly soft, somewhat like the texture of.. er... raw salmon?

Tasted like sashimi glazed with honey. Hehhe.. not too bad lah.

Ceasar Salad with Honey Grilled Chilli.

3 Comments:

At March 11, 2006 8:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u're just too cruel. how can a mortal make salads look so good????

lol, thanks for your comment. your version of tortion joke was really entertaining.

 
At March 11, 2006 11:21 am, Blogger shawnchin said...

camera trick oni lah.. :p

 
At March 12, 2006 6:30 pm, Blogger boo_licious said...

That is huge! Food looks great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home