Sunday, March 05, 2006

Pan Grilled Salmon

Did the pan grilled fish dish again, this time with salmon.

Exactly the same recipe and technique, except that salmon takes slightly longer to grill. Since it was more like a block of fish rather than a slice, I had to work patiently on all 4 sides.

Oh, I also added some chopped garlic and spring onions into the sauce to introduce more colour and aroma.

Very happy with the outcome. Nice golden brown on all sides. Crispy surface with soft juicy interior.

Salmon is definitely a much better candidate for this recipe compared to cod.

10 Comments:

At March 05, 2006 5:19 pm, Blogger Emmanuel said...

do you fillet it first?japanese salmon or norweigan?

 
At March 05, 2006 5:23 pm, Blogger shawnchin said...

It was already filleted when I purchased it. However, I did remove the skin before cooking.

 
At March 05, 2006 8:43 pm, Blogger boo_licious said...

Very nicely pan grilled! Love that crisp layer you got.

 
At March 06, 2006 1:15 am, Blogger Alicia said...

i remember having grilled salmon too.. and it's nice.. -.- u made me hungry.. :/

 
At March 06, 2006 6:34 am, Blogger Unknown said...

The sauce looks nice..I'm never good at sauce..Use bottled one or packets one only :(

 
At March 06, 2006 9:29 am, Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

wow! i'm impressed with the end results....

 
At March 08, 2006 7:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey if you don't mind me asking, you are chin lee shawn, as in the dude who was from MMU (unitele), if i remember correctly, from kelantan or something like that, and from brats right? who use to frequent the brats irc channel like a lot last time.

 
At March 08, 2006 9:27 pm, Blogger shawnchin said...

thanks all!

k.b.c.g: I use packet one oso :p

anonymous: that's me, at your service. :)

 
At March 09, 2006 2:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shawn, u remember a girl named fizah or not?hahahaha.

 
At March 10, 2006 9:13 pm, Blogger shawnchin said...

Fizah.. hmm.. rings a faint bell. Brat? from long long time ago?

Email me!! help me recall :)

Chin.Lee.ShawnJagung@gmail.com
(remove the corn :p I hate spammers.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home